About Joel Winston, Esq.
Joel Winston is a former deputy attorney general for the State of New Jersey. His current legal practice is focused on consumer rights litigation, information privacy, and data protection law.
Joel began his legal career at Hughes Hubbard & Reed, LLP in the Corporate Governance and Litigation Practice. He also served in the U.S. Department of Justice, Office of the U.S. Trustee, in the Southern District of New York.
Additionally, Joel Winston is a nationally-recognized expert on consumer protection and privacy law. Joel has provided legal commentary for numerous media outlets, including CNN, US News & World Report, Consumers Digest, Men’s Health Magazine, CBS News Radio, and TechCrunch.com.
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor – B.A.
- Seton Hall University, School of Law – J.D.
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Member, New York City Bar Association
- Attorney at Law, State of New York
- Attorney at Law, State of New Jersey
Contact Joel Winston, Esq.
Joel Winston, Esq.
Winston Law Firm, LLC
830 Third Avenue
New York, NY 10022
Telephone: (646) 448-5257
Fax: (212) 792-6585